Perkumpulan Keluarga Berencana Indonesia (PKBI)/ The Indonesian Plan Parenthood Association (IPPA) are one of IPPF’s member associations since 1967 and establish in 23 December 1957.
IPPA’s vision is become the center of excellence in 2020 by develops self-reliant programs and advocacy on sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Our missions are to develop center information, to empower society and to advocate policy maker to ensure their support and commitment toward the fulfillment of sexual and reproductive health and right.
IPPA operates in 27 Chapters, 214 Branches and 96 service outlets including 36 permanent clinics, 71 mobile services, 50 associated centers/organizations and 56 communities- based distributors/community-based services (CBDs/CBSs)
Issues faced by our organization:
Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights based on human right perspective.
Service offered by our organization:
Integrated Package of Essential Service (IPES ) :
5. Save Abortion
8. Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV)
• 89.900 sexual and reproductive health services to young people under 25 years
• 182.500 HIV-related services
• 15.400 abortion – related services
• 102.800 couple years of protection (CYP)
• 340.100 contraceptive services
• 228.100 non-contraceptive services
MA’s achievements & Photos
1. IPPA had a significant number in contraception achievement due to the condom achievement as a dual protection in 2014
2. IPPA had succesfully trained 4408 youth in 2013
3. The total number of beneficiaries group that had been reached was 509.404 including families and children.
4. The number of HIV-positive pregnant women who accessed health services reached are 859 woman.
MA’s success stories
IPPA created a mass campaign called “Tes HIV Besama” This campaign aimed to mobilize HIV test. In the same year, public cadres were invited to get involved directly in supporting the programs. There were 1789 cadres who support the program. The cadres were part 216 of Public Health Information Center (PIKM). HiV Testing has been conducted simultaneously at 82 district 12 province in Indonesia. The event in each district was being initiated by 189 cadres. During HIV testing period (July-December 2013) 77021 people were participated.
a. Vice Governor of DKI Jakarta, Basuki Tjahaja Purnama gets HIV test at Jakarta City Hall during HIV testing
Relevant Publications :
a. “Fiqh HIV & AIDS” in 2010
b. “Fiqh Seksualitas” in 2011
c. “Trajectory Gender” (IPPA Chapter DIY) in 2010
Relevant video links : Youtube : suara pkbi